The Asia-Pacific Protein Association Young Scientist Award (Application Deadline: March 4, 2022)
The Asia-Pacific Protein Association Young Scientist Award is awarded to a young scientist working in the field of protein science in the Asia-Pacific region. The award aims to recognise the outstanding contributions made by the young scientist to the field of protein research.
- Applicants should be within 5 years since receipt of the PhD in the year of the award (for example, for the 2022 round, the PhD should have been awarded on or after January 1, 2017) or the applicant should currently be enrolled in a PhD program at an institution in an APPA country.
- Applicants are to submit a two-page CV summary as a PDF file (any material beyond the second page will not be assessed). The CV is to address the judging criteria for the award, which include: publications and/or patents, grants or fellowships awarded, conference participation, contributions to the scientific community and any other achievement that showcases the applicant’s track record.
- In addition to the two-page CV summary, a 250-word abstract and a letter of recommendation should also be submitted.
- It is generally expected that successful applicants will have outstanding track records with a well-developed scientific story to present.
- Applications are to be submitted to the relevant APPA council member of the applicant’s country. Please refer to the list below for the relevant contact details.
- All applications will be judged relative to opportunity. The decision of the judging panel is final.
- The closing date for 2022 applications is: MARCH 4, 2022.
Conditions of the Award
In 2022, one Award will be offered. The recipient of this Award will receive:
- USD$1000 towards travel costs and associated expenses to attend the 2022 Asian Biophysics Association / Asia-Pacific Protein Association / Taiwan Biophysical Society meeting. This Online-Onsite Hybrid conference is to be held at the National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan between June 22-26.
- Complimentary registration to the conference in the year of the Award.
- Named oral presentation slot at the conference in the year of the Award.
- Plaque in recognition of the Award.
Who to Submit Your Application to
Where there is more than one council member for your country, please ensure you email your application to all council members representing your country.
- Australia – Erinna Lee (Erinna.Lee@latrobe.edu.au) and Richard Simpson (Richard.Simpson@latrobe.edu.au)
- Bangladesh – Md. Abu Reza (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Syed Rashel Kabir (email@example.com)
- China – Feng Shao (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ming Lei (email@example.com)
- Chinese Taipei – Ping-Chiang Lyu (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Woei-Jer Chuang (email@example.com)
- Hong Kong – Mingjie Zhang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- India – Mohan Rao (email@example.com) and Dinakar Salunke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Indonesia – Arief Witarto (email@example.com) and Muhammad Saifur Rohman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Japan – Tsuyoshi Inoue (email@example.com) and Susumu Uchiyama (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Korea – Weontae Lee (email@example.com) and Yeon Gyu Yu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Malaysia – Raja Noor Zaliha Raja Abd. Rahman (email@example.com) and Mohd Shukuri Mohamad Ali (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- New Zealand – Kurt Krause (email@example.com) and Renwick Dobson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pakistan – Nikhat Siddiqui (email@example.com) and Syed Abid Ali (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Philippines – Lemmuel Tayo (email@example.com) and Salvador Eugenio Caoili (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Singapore – Jianxing Song (email@example.com) and Julien Lescar (Julien@ntu.edu.sg)
- Thailand – Pimchai Chaiyen (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Monique Paricharttanakul (email@example.com)
- Vietnam – Phan Van Chi (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Truong Quoc Phong (email@example.com)
For general enquiries about the award, please email Erinna Lee (Erinna.Lee@latrobe.edu.au)